A MASTERPIECE ON THE HIGH LINE
A one-of-a-kind collaboration by celebrated design team Roman and Williams and development team JDS Development Group and Largo, The Fitzroy brings Roman and Williams signature touches to the High Line: 14 well-detailed, elegant two- to four-bedroom homes.
514 W 24TH ST
New York, NY 10011
Roman & Williams
"WE ARE INTERESTED IN SPACES AND OBJECTS THAT PEOPLE CAN TRULY USE AND THINGS THAT GENUINELY LAST."
Roman and Williams is, first and foremost, focused on people and their experiences of a space. Firm principals Robin Standefer and Stephen Alesch founded Roman and Williams Buildings and Interiors, named after their grandfathers, in New York City in 2002.
Roman and Williams believes that the story of a space is just as important as the design and the objects that go into it — it all plays into the experience. As a firm, they are never focused on a definitive style from any era, as seen in their work on projects as diverse as Ace Hotel New York, The Boom Boom Room at the Standard Highline, the Chicago Athletic Association Hotel and custom homes. They love to strip things down to their essence — instead of design, striving for integrity and character. They consistently find the tension between spontaneity and vigor, refinement and rebellion, and past and future. The studio places an emphasis on sturdy, well-made objects, custom designing many of the furniture fixtures found in their work. Known for contradictions and the use of layers and eclecticism, Roman and Williams takes a traditional foundation and then rebels against it with lively irreverence.
The firm has received numerous accolades including a Palladio Award for their work on 211 Elizabeth Street, and the prestigious 2014 National Design Award for excellence in Interior Design.
Homes & Details
- All full or half-floor homes
- North and South exposures in every home
- Ceiling heights of 11′
- Oversized custom wood casement double-pane windows
- Private elevator entrance and service entrance for each home
- Oak doors of 8′
- Oak floors in a chevron pattern
- Multi-zoned central air conditioning system
- Hydronic radiant-heated flooring throughout
- Fine custom millwork throughout
- Customizable Savant home automation system
- Miele washers and dryers
- Nanz door hardware
- Custom light fixtures by Roman and Williams
- Private landscaped outdoor space in select homes
- Custom Smallbone of Devizes kitchens
- Black enameled Lacanche range with brass dials
- Fully integrated Miele dishwasher, steam oven, and warming drawer
- Fully integrated Sub-Zero refrigerator and freezer
- Undercounter Sub-Zero wine refrigerator
- Waterworks R.W. Atlas by Roman and Williams hardware in carbon and copper finishes throughout
- Decorative pendants in copper finish by Roman and Williams
- Breccia Capraia marble countertop
- William Holland Cuprosa Bateau copper soaking tub
- Steam shower
- Hydronic radiant-heated flooring
- Waterworks R.W. Atlas copper fixtures including handheld shower with thermostatic controls
- Custom glass rod sconces and mirror by Roman and Williams
- Paonazzo slab marble walls
- Nero Marquina slab marble floors
- Custom integrated millwork storage
- Custom blackened brass vanity with inked wood cabinet doors
- R.W. Atlas fixtures including handheld shower with thermostatic controls in a carbon finish
- Custom sconces and mirror by Roman and Williams
- Calacatta Crema marble walls and floors
- R.W. Atlas fixtures in a carbon finish
- Custom pendant and mirror by Roman and Williams
- Calacatta Macchia Vecchia marble walls and floors
- Copper sink
Services & Amenities
The exclusivity, privacy and security of having only 13 neighbors
- 24-hour attended lobby
- Fitness center with: dynamic movement studio, cardio studio, yoga & pilates room, treatment room, and dry sauna
- Wine cellar with secure wine locker for each home
- Climate-controlled, fully customizable storage room for each home, up to 200 sq. ft.
- Landscaped rooftop lounge with summer kitchen
- Children’s art studio
- Auxiliary laundry room with large washers and vented dryers
- Bicycle storage
West Chelsea is one of Manhattan’s most vibrant neighborhoods, home to the High Line, Whitney Museum of Art, and world-renown art galleries. Once the sprawling estate of Thomas Clarke, a retired British Major and grandfather to Clement C. Moore, Chelsea’s original apple orchards and farmlands passed from one generation to another, all the while being developed into a blend of Georgian residential buildings and bustling industries dotting the Hudson River.
The origin of the Fitzroy stems from a British Lieutenant General named Charles Fitzroy who resided in the Greenwich Village area in the eighteenth century. His military success brought forth naming a highway in his honor. Before the Manhattan grid, the Fitzroy Road ran through current day Chelsea, from West 14th Street through present Eighth Avenue, to 40th Street and Ninth Avenue.
Today, the area maintains hints of its past, with tree-lined streets interspersed with architecture reflecting the neighborhood’s unique Neo-Gothic, Greek Revival and Art Deco history. West Chelsea is now synonymous with art, fashion, culture, restaurants, and renowned galleries alongside the Hudson. The celebrated, elevated High Line park, built on a historic freight line, runs from the adjacent Meatpacking District to the highly anticipated Hudson Yards project.
- CULTURE & LIFESTYLE
- ART & GALLERIES
Please direct any questions regarding available Homes to: firstname.lastname@example.org or at 212.229.2424. Pricing begins at $4,950,000.
NYMAG.COM / THE CUT, OCTOBER 25, 2018
Building on Tradition
DuJour Magazine, Summer 2017
A Blueprint for Seduction: The world’s best architects turn their talents to NYC’s residential skyline
Domino.com, May 18, 2017
How to Make an Unexpected Style Statement in the Kitchen.
City Realty New York City, March 24, 2017
Roman & Williams’ The Fitzroy Rises to the Occasion and to Street Level
New York Family, Fall/Winter 2016
Living The Dream